Sunday, May 11, 2014

Who Wore it Better? Met Gala 2014

I’m going to be painfully honest for a minute. Before this moment in time, I did not know what the Met Gala was. All I knew was that it was an annual event where A-list celebrities show up to pose on the red carpet and wear awesome clothing. After I did some research (Wikipedia), I discovered that the Met Gala is a fundraiser meant to benefit the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute. The star studded event is one of the biggest fundraising opportunities of the year, with nine million dollars raised in 2013. 


Black: Gisele Bundchen vs. Adriana Lima


Model vs. model; who’s going to win?! Although both of these women looked gorgeous in black, Gisele Bundchen’s dress is probably one of my favorites I’ve seen in a long, long time. Is it weird that the first thing I thought of when I saw Adriana’s dress was Star Wars? Probably.


White: Rihanna vs. Victoria Beckham


At first, I thought that Rihanna’s outfit consisted of this white cropped top and the skirt, but I saw a photo of the outfit from behind and realized it was a dress! At first, I hated this look, but now I really like it a lot. However, I have to give this round to Victoria Beckham. I’m obsessed with this dress! Posh looks so Posh! (Sorry, I had to. How could I write an article without adding a pun?) 


Black AND white: Hailee Steinfield vs. Charlize Theron


Both of the actresses looked stunning in two very different black and white gowns, but I have to side with Charlize Theron on this one. The jacket strewed over her shoulders made the look! Hailee’s hair and makeup are on point, but the overall look fell flat because of such a large dress on a very slim girl.


Brights: Emma Stone vs. Allison Williams


Although I LOVE both of these looks, I have to give it to Emma Stone. My personal favorite of the night, Emma looked absolutely breathtaking in this light pink tank paired with the magenta skirt. Her hair, makeup, everything; she was 100% on point! Allison looked lovely as ever, but her dress blended in a bit too much with the carpet to stand out in my eyes. 


Pale Pink: Taylor Swift vs. Blake Lively


It takes SO MUCH for me to not pick Taylor Swift’s style out of everyone (love you, girl) but my woman crush every day, Blake Lively, NAILED this look. She looked like a glamorous 1960’s movie star! Not to mention she has one of the most gorgeous men in Hollywood as her husband. Sorry T-Swift, you’re still my girl and I loved your dress, but the inner Gossip Girl fan in me picks Serena Van Der Woodsen. 


Ball gown: Liu Wen vs. Arizona Muse


There were a ridiculous amount of ball gowns present on the red carpet, but these two were probably my favorites. I then realized that Arizona’s gown reminded me of Jennifer Lawrence’s  2013 Golden Globes dress. (Is it just me?) I pick Liu Wen’s dress for the win; this shade of blue is one of my favorite colors.


-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment