Monday, May 5, 2014

Thoughts on the MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet

RIHANNA: 
Source

Here we have bad girl RiRi wearing the finest robe made of 1,000 thread count sheets from her California King bed. The leg exposure is a bit aggressive for my liking and she looks rather uncomfortable herself. But her soft, light makeup and luscious wavy hair partially redeem. 


SHAILENE WOODLEY AND ANSEL ELGORT: 

Source

Shailene and Ansel looking fly as ever, and let me tell you, there were no faults in these stars. Her leather field drab green ensemble gave a new twist to the overdone crop top and high-waisted skirt look that we girls can’t get enough of. Ansel is doing things right with his all black and textured suit. I don’t hate the buckles on those super pointed grown up man shoes; in fact, I kind of love them.


JESSICA ALBA: 

Source

As for Jessica, does she think she’s Ariana Grande? I mean, I do enjoy this outfit, it’s just little young for her. But the pastel lime green compliments her complexion. And her hair has never looked softer, in the best of ways.


PIA MIA: 

Source

I’m sorry but this is hideous. Did her mom finally let her go to Libby Lu’s after 18 years of being deprived of all their satin and glitter? The cork wedged heels also are not helping her case. She looks like she didn’t know what direction to go for 2Chains’ new music video.


NICKI MINAJ: 
Source

I think this is the most basic we've ever seen this trill queen, and she should try it more often. The all black, body hugging, and cut out filled dress along with her tamed natural hair, suits Nicki well. The simple gold jewelry is just enough bling to complete her outfit.


ZAC EFRON: 
Source

This man can do no wrong. His style was simple, but effective. Also, shout out to Rita Ora for ripping his shirt open.


LUPITA NYONG’O:  

Source
Lupita looking pretty freaking artsy. I’m getting a lot of tribal vibes from this get up, which is cool, I’m not mad. There’s just a few things that could make this outfit better. If I was her, I would have ended the hem line at the edge of the black design, getting rid of the extra pleats at the bottom. Also the tights are a no. Otherwise, everything else looks great.


BELLA THORNE:

Source
Great color. Terrible dress. It is painfully awkward and I think that deep down she knows it too—look at her face. I like the bangle game on her left arm though.



DYLAN O’BRIEN:
Source
Dylan O’Brien hello. Something is a tad off for me here; I can’t figure it out. I’m going to let it slide anyway because his personality and face are beautiful.



ELLIE GOULDING: 
 
Source
She looks like a proud bride awaiting her groom for her third marriage. The cut of everything was great, like I understand where she was going. It just should not have been white; it totally washes her out. Literally any color would have worked, Ellie. (except yellow, she should never wear yellow).
-Bethani

No comments:

Post a Comment