Sunday, December 15, 2013

Fabulous Faux Fur.

While I've been out shopping lately, I have noticed myself gravitating towards one trend that I never thought I would want to wear: faux fur. Now, I used to laugh at the idea of wearing such an outrageous article of clothing but I can’t help but want to rock my own faux fur vest. Faux fur is popular with celebrities and high fashion, but sometimes it still seems a bit “too much.” It all just depends how you wear it. The simpler, the better in the case of fur. And I say just try it out if you are curious! It is a great statement piece and the vests are especially easy to wear. A faux fur vest is definitely on my Christmas list!


A safe route to take is to wear black. Black can make your whole outfit more classy and streamlined. Kim Kardashian and Olivia Palermo styled their black fur vests with an all-black ensemble.





Also, just sticking to the neutral palette of colors is an easy way to wear faux fur. The fur is the statement so it needs to be the only statement. White, tan, gray, cream, and brown are best, but you can also try pairing fur with a solid color that is in season like maroon or military green.

Vests are available at most retailers like Forever 21, H&M, Zara, Shopbop, and Express.

- Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment