Sunday, December 1, 2013

Prepster



I think it’s time we all admit it, hipsters are fascinating creatures. I find myself wanting to wear the same rad outfits that I see roaming around Chicago with an attitude that says, “Yeah, I just threw this together.” However, as much as I try to fight it, there’s a certain preppiness to my style that cannot be denied.

Recently I noticed a new type of style that has emerged. Said style is a combination of hipster and preppy; one in favor of this new collaboration is called a “prepster.” Very tailored, well-crafted clothes are paired with disheveled, miscellaneous items that counteract such structure. Perhaps it’s the whole mentality that a hipster is supposed to go against the norm that has brought together two very distinctively different types of fashion. Regardless of the subliminal messages that may or may not be in existence, I am in full support of this new hybrid style.

Take a look below and decide for yourself if you like it.

- Leah






No comments:

Post a Comment