Thursday, November 7, 2013

Boots You Need

As a self-declared shoe hoarder, I think there a few styles every girl should have for the fall and winter months. Here in Chicago, boots are a necessity and warm ones at that.

Fall/Winter boots

For cold weather (especially snow and rain), L.L. Bean's classic Bean Boot has proven to be a favorite among many fashion bloggers (i.e. Lily Davenport) and almost everyone in my home of Raleigh, North Carolina. They are durable and worth the cost as they will keep you warm and last you years to come. There are several different heights and colors to choose from. If you live in a particularly cold place, the shearling lined Bean Boots are a good bet. Hunter's increasingly popular wellington boot is also a splurge you wanna make. With dozens of color options, they fit everyone's personality and are functional while still being comfortable and cute.

Fall is my favorite season for one big reason: riding boots. I have dreams about wearing the several hundred dollar pair of Tory Burch riding boots I wouldn't ever buy. There is something about a tall, brown leather boot that is just classic to me. I have both Steve Madden's Intyce as well as Sam Edelman's Penny. I couldn't be happier with either. Both were in the 150 to 200 dollar range. Most good-looking and decent riding boots will be in this price range. Check out Madewell's Archive boot regularly 300 dollars but on sale for 150 with free shipping too! An ankle bootie is a must too. All of my personal favorites tend to be suede but they look lovely with a shift dress or a simple blouse and jeans. This is a pair you could definitely save money on as they are more ordinary (try these and these to save or these to splurge).

Embrace boot season!

- Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment