Friday, January 31, 2014

Live Life Colorfully!

Living in the city, we see black on black on black, maybe a pop of grey. I know that personally I have a vast closet of different shades of black (with the exception of some blue jeans), but with spring coming soon I made a vow to myself that I would brighten up my life with some color in my wardrobe. From my experience, I can never feel sad when I’m in a yellow summer dress. 

And can we discuss the recent weather in the negative thirties?! I need some happiness in my wardrobe to offset the sadness that I feel walking through the wind chill. In the spring, I can easily change my wardrobe to mimic the weather, but how do we achieve this in the winter? We don’t want to be wearing neon and standing out in the blizzard while everyone else is in dark shades, unless that floats your boat of course. So below I have compiled pieces that I love to “live more colorfully.”


And for all the black clothing lovers, like myself, I have created an inspiration outfit fitting for our winter times that brings in color with urban style.



It can take some time to incorporate color, even though psychologically it has been proven that color has a positive influence on our moods. So take a chance, wear that pink lipstick, slip on those blue velvet flats, and wrap that green scarf on your neck. Not only will it refresh your mood, but it might just help brighten people’s day while we walk on that ugly grey slush.


- Alexx

No comments:

Post a Comment