Monday, February 10, 2014

Counter Article: I Hate Pink, A Valentine's Day Story

Not to bash Miss Wessel’s article, but I am just not a pink person. I never wear pink, I don’t like looking at the color, and overall I just hate pink. I also know for a fact that I am not the only girl who is not a pink fan in the world so ladies, this article is for you!

I’ve created two Valentine’s Day date night options. The first option, shown below, is what I SHOULD be wearing for Valentine’s Day. A soft gray top paired with a ruffled pink skirt creates a light and flirtatious combination perfect for Valentine’s Day. Pair this gorgeous Victoria’s Secret Dress with pearl accessories, a matching pink clutch, and some nude booties and you have a picturesque Valentine’s Day outfit; casual-not-too-dressy dress with pink to make the statement, "I represent love and you want to love me."  
Here’s what I want to wear on Valentine’s Day: black. Black is my favorite color because it always looks so classy and clean-cut. You can never go wrong with black. But, according to societal norms, wearing black on Valentine’s Day is morbidly depressing. Here’s what I say society, I can wear black if I want to! Here is my solution to wearing black on Valentine’s Day: dress it up with some red accents, as shown below. It’s the perfect way to dress up your normal black outfit while showing a little pride for the Hallmark holiday.





So ladies, enjoy your Valentine’s Day without the pink and don’t feel bad about it!


- Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment