Monday, February 10, 2014

Modern Ballerina


Ever since the opening credits of Sex and The City, the lovely Sarah Jessica Parker put ballerina tutus on the fashion map. The trend is coming back hotter than ever. This article of clothing is too cute to handle, yet it makes a bold fashion statement. 


The set below, done by Leah, puts together a classic-chic outfit featuring the tutu skirt. The outfit pairs a simple black crop top with the tulle pink tutu skirt and oxford platform booties. Add a black bag, nude belt, and some earrings to top off the look. The ballerina skirts exude confidence because it is a tricky trend to nail. The key is simplicity and neutral tones. Sometimes less is more! Try to stay within pink, black, gray, or white color palettes.

The reason I love the tulle ballerina look of these skirts is how chic they are. The look just belongs on the city streets of Manhattan. Another reason I probably adore the classic pink and black is because deep down I have always loved the idea of being a ballerina. It is most girls' inner dream, but with my mere 4 years of dance experience the ballet is not for me. So instead I can channel my inner ballerina through fashion. Celebrities like Jessica Alba might be doing the same.




- Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment